- To benefit more Colombians with education, information and knowledge.
- To strengthen the civil participation.
- To promote and highlight our plural identity.
- To open spaces for the new contents industry
(According to Chapter II of the Decree 3912 of 2004)
They are functions of the Management:
- To direct the management of Señal Colombia Public Media System for which it will attend to the daily administration of the business and activities in it, in accordance with the legal and statutory dispositions and will execute the decisions related to the Board of Associates and Board of Directors.
- To execute the acts and to celebrate the contracts understood inside the object of the entity, in accordance with the legal and statutory dispositions.
- To present for approval from the Board of Directors, the budget projects of income, expenses and plans of investment and the budget modifications placed with adjustments based on the current budget normative.
- To annually present, at the latest in the last week of March, into consideration of the Board of Directors, the general balance of operations that must be approved by the Board of Associates, a detailed report about the works and state of Señal Colombia public Media System.
- To present the utilities distribution project to the Board of Associates.
- To name, hire or remove the public collaborators in the company.
- To watch for the correct collection and the handling of the funds of Señal Colombia Public Media System, and to attend to the suitable economic and financial management of the entity.
- To be present at the meetings of the Board of Associates and of Directors, to produce the reports that are requested to it and to summon to the above mentioned managing organs to ordinary and extraordinary meetings.
- To direct the labour relations of the entity, in accordance with the legal regime of its collaborators.
- To present to the President of the Republic, through the Minister of Communications, the general or particular reports that are requested by him about the developed activities, the general situation of Señal Colombia Public Media System, and the adopted measures.
- To represent Señal Colombia Public Media System, in the Managing or Assessing Meetings of the entities in which Señal Colombia Public Media System mediates, whatever the form of participation is.
- To shape internal groups of work in accordance with the plans, programs and needs of the service.
- To constitute judicial and extrajudicial representatives, to hire the artistic or technical professional advisers judged as necessary.
- To maintain, establish and perfect the system of Internal Control, in accordance with the established in the Law 87 of 1993.
- To fulfil other functions assigned to him by the law, the bylaws, the Board of Associates or Board of Directors.
They are functions of the Juridical Assessment Office:
- To analyse, advise and define the hiring politics at corporate level and to prepare and establish the politics, norms and procedures in juridical matter.
- To define together with the business areas the hiring processes in accordance with their needs.
- To follow up with the judicial and extrajudicial management and to the hiring processes guaranteeing the fulfilment of the bylaws, the politics and established legal norms.
- To summon and assist to the meetings of the Board of Directors and register them.
- To advise the organization in the decisions that could have legal and juridical implications as well as expressing the concepts that are requested.
- To support the organization on its relation with the entities of awareness and control and to answer to the judicial requests, rights of request, tutelages, etc.
- Others that are assigned to it and correspond to the nature of the dependence.
They are functions of the Radio and Television Assistant Manager::
- To design and define the contents and the programming of the broadcasting stations Señal Radio Colombia and Radiónica, as well as the Señal Colombia and Institucional networks, based on audience study and research.
- To plan, define and to take part in the hiring production services from the contents based on the policies established by the General Management and the Board of Directors.
- To manage of production and hiring of production companies in compliance with the established budget.
- To manager, control and follow up with the contracts of radio and television production.
- To direct and coordinate the emission of the broadcasting stations Señal Radio Colombia and Radiónica, as well as the Señal Colombia, Señal Institucional and Canal Uno networks, in accordance with the designed panel.
- To undertake the necessary actions for obtaining sponsorships and auspices in accordance with the contents of the programming and the current legal frame.
- To make the promotion and publication of the programming of the broadcasting stations and networks, in accordance with the panels defined for each one of them.
- To design ways of capturing information to know the opinion, needs and expectations of the audience.
- To design programming and contents proposal that answer to the needs and expectations.
- To propose the design of panels for the broadcasting stations and networks.